As a mom, I’m always looking for ways to say yes to sweet treats. The goal is something delicious, satisfying, and if I can even get easy and healthy in there…BONUS! This recipe for chocolate avocado pudding checks all the boxes. The kids really love it and it’s easy enough for them to make with limited supervision. It’s also hard to mess up just tweak until it’s right for you. If you want it sweeter add a touch more agave, maple syrup, honey or an extra pinch of salt. You can use cocoa powder or melted chocolate chips but there are health benefits linked to cacao, so we opt for that. You can omit the almond milk all together if you choose, but I find it makes it silkier. Use any milk of you choice. We’ve done it with and without topping. It’s yummy all ways.
So, if you’re looking for a healthy, sweet treat, or just have some avocados that are past their prime, give this a shot. Let us know how it goes!
Chocolate Avocado Pudding Recipe:
- Place 3 super ripe Avocados in a blender or food processor
- 1/3 cup Cacao powder
- 1/4 cup of Agave or Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Almond Milk (optional…can use dairy milk)
- 2 pinches of salt
- Blend until smooth, spoon in cups or bowl, and let chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour
- Add topping if you choose and enjoy!